Tuesday, January 1, 2008

You pay no attention to me




You hunt like an animal in the dead of night
A consent urge to feed your appetite.
What is he going to give you when it's all said and done?

The red light goes out.
It's replaced by a soft candle light.
I call to you.
Who will hold you while you sleep tonight?
But you don't care, you pay no attention to me.

You said to me I should explore the world.
I say it's greed that drives that kind of life.
What happened to all the true love.
If you make a wrong turn who's shoulder will that fall on.

So you pick a nice guy.
You turn down for the night.
Your hearts beat fast as your body's slow down.
I wounder if I am wasting my precious time.

The candle light goes out.
It's replaced by glow of the night.
I call for you.
Who will stay to watch the sun rise?
But you don't care, you pay no attention to me.

The dark fades out by the warm sun light.
It warms my smile, giving me piece of mind.
Come on, come on and pay attention to me.

By DHR Torres

No comments: