Thursday, February 21, 2008

Salesmanship

In Bay point you have two types of front lawns. You have the front lawn that is full of trees, roses bushes, and then a random cactus, still no matter how random and how strange the display is the execution of the foliage and liveliness is still accomplished. These home owners work hard on their mini paradise. I commend those that make that effort.


Then you have the bare front lawn. The only items you have rang from hubcap's to dirty Barbie scooter dry dirt. These type of home "owners" are to busy with their many kids or
just don't care what the front of the house looks like. I can understand, sure I wouldn't want to work all day and come home to an ugly lawn and spend all tho's pain staking hours. Or you can always pay some one to do all of that for you .

In my house we have the plague to have a Gardner in our lovely house hold. And like us, those other houses that have beautiful foliage are those working garners out there making your neighborhood fabulous.


As I was on the crapper today, I heard the door bell ring. (I hate an interrupted bathroom break.) Quickly I composed my self and rushed to the side window. All the while Muneca my dog was barking at every knock and chime. I pulled the blinds a bit apart right as he looked at the blinds. Crap. Now I felt like this guy saw me and knows someone is home. Since I had to go to work I had no chose but to open and see what the hell he wanted. This fucker. The second I asked if there was anything I could help him with, he grunted what sounded like "...he wants to talk to you."


"He? He, Who?"

The man standing in front of me now pointed to the older Samoan man in the van that was some what parked illegally in the wrong direction. The Samoan man put his phone down and stared saying something; at the same time the young man that had knocked my door was now walking back to the van.

After the third time of having the older man repeat him self, I gathered that he was trying to sell me Gardner service. He told me that they could cut my tree to the cites codes for a low low price.

"We can cut the tree back; do you work for the city?" I asked.

He muttered a no, so I just told him in my nicest voice that we will cut it back our selfs; we are garners so we will cut our own tree for free. I closed the door and they drove off.

That was some shady business. If thats the way they drum up business then they will either have no money or be bankrupted from all the horrible service and complaints.

I use to work as a sales man and what the man that knocked my door and just walking away like that was terrible salesmanship

No comments: